Chicago Dancing Festival
Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 7:30–9:30 pm
Join us for this unprecedented celebration of American dance featuring seven towering companies from across the US. The styles vary, and the dancers are all world-class. This one-night-only extravaganza features:
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: Pas de Duke by Alvin Ailey
- Soloists from American Ballet Theatre: Don Quixote Pas de Deux by Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorsky
- Ballet Florida: Elemental Brubeck by Lar Lubovitch
- COMPLEXIONS Contemporary Ballet: Red/The Force by Dwight Rhoden
- Joffrey Ballet: Light Rain by Gerald Arpino
- Muntu Dance Theatre of Chicago: Djembe Drum Talk and Hamana by Moustapha Bangoura
- San Francisco Ballet: Concerto Grosso by Helgi Tomasson
The MCA is working in partnership with the Chicago Dancing Company in association with the City of Chicago, Millennium Park, to realize this momentous free festival at one of the great public stages in the land. Don’t miss it!
This event is free and open to the public. No reservations are needed.
For more information, also visit www.chicagodancingfestival.com.